Friday, April 29, 2011

Thor Movie Review


        So I just came back from watching Thor, and I got the idea to tell what I think about the movie. As a Marvel movie, it's one of the best I've seen, with great actors, and a good story. I loved how they mixed Nordic mythology with universal elements, and of course, the Marvel universe.

        What I didn't like about the movie is that they went a bit too hard on the CGI. This literally shamed any Michael Bay movie with that. In some points it just got ridiculous. Also, there could have been a better script, as there were some lines that just sounded a bit off.

        Still, the movie had its good parts. There was action, comedy, and even romance. Natalie Portman's charm served as a reminder of her talent, Anthony Hopkins did a fine job as Odin, though not as good as his more well known movies, and Chris Hemworth blew the audience away with his sophisticated style and godly body (I could smell the steroids from here). I hope that the next Marvel movie's as good as this one, hopefully better.