Sunday, May 22, 2011

If you like this post, check out my new blog: http://appofknowledge.blogspot.com/

How To: Lucid Dream

He just had the most awesome dream: That burger-eating contest he won last Friday.
  
       All right, so you guys will think I'm a crazy f*cker when you read this article, but trust me, it's kind of fun, and hard to do. If you're able to pull this off you've got a powerful mind. First off, what's lucid dreaming? It's the ability to gain consciousness in your dreams. You can use it to turn a nightmare into a pleasant dream, to live a scenario you wouldn't live in real life, for example, a zombie invasion, I don't know, the possibilities are endless.

        So, the first thing you have to do is to be able to remember your dreams. If you can remember them vividly, then you're off to a good start. If not, then it'll take a bit of work, but it's achievable. Every night say a sort of mantra: "I will remember my dream." Every night, little by little, your dreams will get more and more vivid. What also helps is a dream journal. You take any notebook, and put a pen, and put them in near reach for when you wake up. First thing you do is start writing about the dream. Then, when you read it later, you will remember the dream, or at least remember the feelings it gave you.

        If you mastered remembering your dreams, then you need to be able to question reality. For example, if you see a blue dog, don't tell yourself "It must be painted", instead, do some reality checks. In a dream, the laws of physics aren't obeyed, so for example, flip a light switch, and see if the light levels don't change. Read a sign and turn away, then read it again. The text should have changed. Poke a finger through your hand. In a dream, the finger could go through the hand as if it was rubber. Or you could just see them; sometimes you've got extra fingers or are missing some. The one that definitely works but I don't suggest much is looking in the mirror. Why? Because you are definitely expecting to see something on the other side of the mirror. Once, I had a dream where I was going lucid, and I saw a sort of ugly, deformed version of me. The dialogue went something like this:

-What the hell are you?

-I am you.

-Nah, it can't be.

-You wanted to see yourself, here I am, here you are.

        I was gaining consciousness, and suddenly the ugly me pulled me in the mirror and that's where I lost it. What happened there? The subconcious projects your emotions in your dreams, so, I was maybe feeling guilty, I don't remember, it was a long time ago.

        Once you're able to say you're in a dream (While you're in one, don't say it in real life, you'll just look weird.) try not to get too excited. Why? You lose lucidness. Any sort of emotion that you lose control of will make you lose it. You can fly, yes, but don't let your dream control you. Also, don't expect seriousness from people in your dreams. They can do the weirdest things sometimes.

         So, once you're able to be lucid in a dream, what's next? Well, you can explore your mind, have fun, do whatever the hell you want. Still, as I said, try not to get too excited, most lucid dreams last about 5-10 minutes. I've only been lucid twice. Why? While I question reality, I always try to find an explanation. But not every mind is the same. Still, it takes some time to achieve. Like I said, you guys will think I'm a crazy f*cker, but, well, it never hurts to try new things, does it?