Sunday, May 29, 2011

If you like this post, check out my new blog: http://appofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Why The Beatles Are The Greatest Band Of All Time

        Ah, The Beatles. I have an upcoming concert, where I'm going to pay tribute to them. It gave me the idea of writing this small article for them. Many bands have tried to be as good at them, many have failed (Oasis). Nobody can live up to them. Not even Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Hendrix, it's impossible. There will never be a band as good and successful as The Beatles. Let me give you a few reasons why.

        In the week of April 4, 1964, The Beatles occupied the first five positions in the Billboard Top 100 Chart. No band has ever done this. Also, they have sold, to the present day, more than 1 billion records. They were Top 1 in Billboard for the longest time ever, 31 years and 51 weeks. They have 16 of the 100 best tracks ever, and 7 of the 100 most succesful albums in history.

        These guys were pioneers. They were the first to use feedback in "I Feel Fine". (The beginning of the song.) "A Hard Day's Night" has an opening chord many people are still trying to figure out. Sargeant Pepper is arguably the best album of all time. Paul McCartney dreamed the song "Yesterday". This one is of my favorites: "Helter Skelter" and "I Want You" are two of the first heavy metal songs.

        They did much, much more, and everything they did, all was accomplished in seven years. Top that, Oasis! So, you have to admit, the Beatles was a phenomenon. There never was, and never will be something like the Fab Four.

        Still, many people don't need all of these statistics to see that they're the best band. Songs like I Want To Hold Your Hand, Strawberry Fields Forever, Girl, Across The Universe, Yellow Submarine, Help!, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Twist And Shout, She Loves You, All My Loving, Something, Good Day Sunshine, Eleanor Rigby, Let It Be, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and, of course, Hey Jude, there's no way to believe that there's a better band out there than The Beatles.