Saturday, June 25, 2011

5: Extremely Weird People

                So, everybody knows a few guys that are too normal, and the ones who are really bizzare, you can't even imagine how they got there. Well, I've read a bit about these guys, and trust me, once you read about these guys, you won't mind the weird kid in class. 

5: Thai Ngoc

               Thai Ngoc is a man who has gone three decades without sleeping. How the hell is that even possible? Trust me, I don't know. He says that: "I don't know whether the insomnia has impacted my health or not. But I'm still healthy and can farm normally like others." You want proof that he's healty? Well, the dude can lift two 50 kg bags of grain to farm. He lifts more than I weigh (90 kg), that's impressive enough for me. 

Ha! I won, Mommy! I didn't night-night!


4: Schoichi Yokoi

                      Yokoi's a Japanese soldier who was sent to Guam in 1944. When the Americans started taking over the island, he went into hiding. Well, on January, 1972 he was discovered hiding, even after he read leaflets saying WWII was over. When he returned to Japan, he said: "It is with much embarrassment that I have returned alive", while carrying a rusted rifle. 

I don't worry, I'm still in the prime of my youth!


3: Mehran Karimi Nasseri

                    Karimi, A.K.A. Sir, Alfred Mehran (yup, Sir, with a coma), is an Iranian refugee who has been living in the departure lounge of Terminal 1 in the Charles De Gaulle airport since August 8, 1988. When he wanted to go to the U.K., his shoulder bag was mugged. He still got on the plane, but was sent back to the airport. Why? His passport was in his bag. He couldn't go back to Iraq either. So, what did he do? Live there. He was the inspiration for the 2004 movie, The Terminal. Yeah, that Tom Hanks movie. He set up his small house of cartons and bags, and has lived there since 1988. 

Go get your own fortress!

2: Matayoshi Mitsuo

                   Ah, so Jesus of Nazareth, how did he look like? Some say like he's painted (which is actually Da Vinci's face), others say that he looks like a normal Middle Eastern. Nazis thought he was Aryan. Well, this guy thinks differently. Mitsuo thinks he is God and Christ, and he believes he will carry out the last judgement. He wants to be elected Prime Minister, and then be recognized by the U.N. as General Secretary. Matayoshi Jesus then plans to run over the world with political and religious power. He's done many campaigns where he suggests opponents commit hara-kiri (suicide).

Nope. Not weird at all.


1: David Allen Bawden

                  So you know how the pope candidate has to go through hardships to be elected, and then competes against a bunch of other guys who want to be pope. Well, Bawden decided to take matters into his own hands. He says that the last 6 popes were invalid because they were modernists. He was elected by post-Sedevacantist Catholics, including some three guys, his parents and himself. This was in 1990. He remains on the job to this day. 

I am the voice of God, I - Hey who wants to go to the bar?
                   So there you go, a bunch of freaks. Like I said, after seeing these guys, you won't really mind the weird kid in class. Well, that's all I've got for now, have a good weekend.