Monday, June 27, 2011

If you like this post, check out my new blog: http://appofknowledge.blogspot.com/

My Thoughts On: Gay Marriage

            So, the New York Senate just passed the bill for marriage equality. That means that gay marriage is now possible in the NY state. Neil Patrick Harris is now ready to marry David Burtka, and could hardly contain his excitement. Now, people make a big deal about marriage, for many reasons. 

            The most important of these reasons is religion. People claim that religiousnessless is loss of morality. I beg to differ. Many gays are very religious, actually, and although the Old Testament forbids it, you could also interpret the Bible as promoting gay marriage: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Ah, children of fundamentalist Christians. Not much you can do when you're raised like this.
Westboro Baptist Church, I'm talking to you.

            I'm just kidding. But still, a lot of people, especially Christians and Muslims say that homosexuality is a sin. Well, it's not really a choice, it's genetics, so what? You'd say it's a curse from God? Well, let's put religion aside, and talk about morality. 

            There's nothing immoral about gay marriage. Why would it bother you? What do they do that affects you at all? Putting an example for other people? If you're going gay and you're mad at yourself, shame on you.  Everybody's free to choose what he likes. 


          
             Something many people mention is the children. What of the children? How will they be raised when both of their parents are men? Gay men? Well, Neil Patrick Harris and Burtka are actually raising twins. I mean really, as long as the child is happy, and nurtured, and has a roof where to sleep, he's going to be all right. Gay people know, more than anybody else, that everybody is free to choose, and that's what they're going to tell their son, that they'll actually encourage him to date a girl. Or tell their daughter to date a guy. They promote freedom. 

These kids have simply wonderful parents.

              Just so you know, I'm not gay, but I'm pro-gay. I know a few homosexuals, and they're great people. I don't know why some people just don't like them, there's really nothing to hate. I mean, really, why wouldn't homosexuality be moral? I know you'd think my atheism could've made me pro-gay, but really, even when I was religious, I supported these people. So, yeah, don't judge a book by its cover, eh, orientation. 

Say you're pro-gay, or I'll send you this guy.