Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How To: Be A Faster Reader

                 I'm in high school, and I still see a lot of people reading at the speed of an elementary school kid. So, I'm going to help those of you in need, so you can actually read a big book in a week (and if you get better, a day). Here's what you gotta do: 

Sorry, Bush.


                 Practice, practice, practice. Yes, to read faster, you have to read more. This doesn't mean just books, it means short stories, poetry, articles, whatever, but I always try to read something, wherever I am. It doesn't just make you faster, it sharpens your mind, so much that you'll find yourself doing better in school, because you actually retain more when you read. 

                Another thing is to gradually increase the complexity of the books you read. Of course, if you're barely reading the Twilight series, don't go reading books by Ernest Hemingway. Start small, I don't know, read the Harry Potter books. They're simple enough. Or the Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis. Any of those book series can work; the vocabulary's not so complex. 
Readatus Quickus, bitch.

                One thing I find very useful is to actually imagine everything that's going around. That way, when you start reading, you keep immersing yourself, and actually enjoy the book. And of course, enjoying the book means that time passes quickly, but so will the chapters. 

That is what makes reading cool.


                So this is all I can do for now, but try these things and you'll find yourself reading faster in no time. Not only that, you won't be able to wait for the moment a new book will fall into your hands. Yeah, reading's great. Just, don't read at night. I mean late at night. You'll fall asleep.
And I shall post you on the Internet.