Sunday, September 25, 2011

On: Real Music

               All right, so, as some of you know, I am a fan of heavy metal, but I am not here to talk about how heavy metal PWNS other music genres, because really, I also enjoy classical music, rock, sometimes even rap and pop. So, how do you distinguish what real music is?

Gladly.


              First of all, you might want to check out if any of the band members composed the music and lyrics. Now, there's a few artists who pull off not writing their own music and making it real, but most of the time, it's not real. Why? They don't feel it. You have to feel the song if you want to play it right. You're not going to play a happy song when you're going through tough times, or vice-versa. You have to put your own emotions in the music. I won't say names, but...

I never said anything about pictures, right?


             Now, hipsters say popular music, or pop, isn't good at all, but I beg to differ. Of course, some of the music is extremely simple, which makes it too predictable, which sucks if you're looking for a higher intelligence level, but of course, it gets you high (yeah, it's been proven). So, what am I saying here? Good music can be simple, or complex, but the fact that it's popular music doesn't make it suckish. I enjoy Black Eyed Peas (a little bit older, though, I'm not a fan of techno), and Eminem. Even in heavy metal, where new music is rejected, I try to embrace it, be it new albums or new bands, like Avenged Sevenfold. (Relatively new). 

Where's the John Wilkes Booth skull?


              There's a reason why classical music was so revered. It was very, very difficult to write it, only masterminds could do it. That's why they became so famous. It's very hard to compose a single song for a single instrument, imagine composing one for twenty different instruments, with different timings, octaves, whatever. It was hard as fuck. Now, it's not so hard to make music, so a lot of artists will do whatever they can and write it off as music (I'm not blaming Rebecca Black for writing friday, she didn't but it's horrible that she sang it and then enjoyed it). 

I'd hit that... with a nailed bat.


               Of course, music, in the end, is all about taste, but there's much to explore, just to be stuck on one thing (especially reggaeton, I don't know how that still exists (many of my friends hate me for this)) so of course, I'm not going to tell you to listen to heavy metal, but give it a try, as well as rock, blues, rap, hip-hop, everything's got something good. 

Sorry, dude, we listened to everything before YOU GUYS listened to everything.