Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Music Review: Dubstep

                Ah, dubstep. For those of you who haven't spent all of your miserable lives on the webs, dubstep is a genre of music characterized by constantly changing rhythms, wub wub bass, hard drums, and repeating small audio samples across a song. So, is the music good, or not?

For those of you who can't tell, it's motherloving...

                I certainly enjoy it, as it poses a challenge to know what's next. Some beats reappear, but suddenly new ones are incorporated into the song. The genre appeared in London's underground scene, and has been slowly moving into mainstream. Some are criticized for having more than one category for dubstep, some say it's retarded, but actually, it's not that bad. It makes some songs more interesting, actually. 

Now tell me, does it look boring?
                Who listens to this kind of music? Anybody who enjoys techno will enjoy dubstep, if they can keep rhythm. I'm a metalhead, and I listen to it. I know a few guys who listen to classic rock and still like dubstep. Oh yeah, there's also hipsters. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you try it for yourself.