Wednesday, June 13, 2012

If you like this post, check out my new blog: http://appofknowledge.blogspot.com/

How To: Find Time For Writing (And Other Hobbies)

MUST. WRITE. FASTER. NO. TIME.
              This world is a busy one. There's people who work 8 hours a day, and those people you can call lucky. You can't survive on minimum wage, so you're always working out. If this were a speech, somebody would be claiming to me about young people. Young people who are starting high school through finishing college will start complaining that they have little time to write. True, I'm in high school and I sometimes get projects that leave me writing until 2 in the morning. 

Oh yeah, you know this feeling.
             Well, the truth is that if you don't make time, you're not getting it. I know a few writers and they each have a different way of getting time. Some choose to take small, 5-minute breaks for writing a bit, once every hour or something. Some take an hour to write. Others use the weekends. The thing is that you always have time to write if you want to. How, may you ask?

                You're not getting the time if you don't want to write. It's the same as learning an instrument. If you really want it, you'll manage it. You just have to find your own method. My method, for example, is doing all of my errands first, and then write when I'm finished. It gives me something to look forward to, so I finish everything quicker. 

LET'S DO THIS SHIT.
                If you're a person who has a couple of jobs or a lot of assignments, it can get really tough. Like I mentioned, if you have a free day, you can take some time from that free day to write, a couple of hours, maybe. And not just writing, this applies to any hobby that you have, be it playing guitar, swimming, archery, I don't give a shit, the thing is that if you really want to do what you want to do, you'll get time so you can do that shit. So yeah, it's all about willpower, and real desire. In this sense, you can actually separate the posers from the rest, because the busiest people in the world are the ones who always have time to do anything. 

This is a busy man and here's his reward.