Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mortem... Coming Soon

           So, as you can assume, I love writing, and I've been working on this personal project of mine for about three years now: a novel. It's called, as the title says, Mortem, and it's about a guy who asks Death for a second chance, and gets it, but at a price. It's something very dear to me, into which I've put a lot of effort, and well, it's always been a dream of mine to publish a novel since I was a kid. Now, what better day to promote a story about death than halloween? If there are no delays, it goes online this weekend, but for now, I'll leave you with a small excerpt of the book. 


-On your knees, mortal – I coughed blood on the dark, endless floor. I screamed, the pain was too much.

-What happened?

-I will show you.

He pointed left. There was a grave with my name on it. I wanted to know what was going on. He pointed again, and a small circle appeared on the ground. In it I could see myself walking with my friends, when out of nowhere, a guy with a gun came and shot me in the chest.

-Wait, is that me? Can you undo this?

-What’s done is done, kid - He had a deep, calm voice. – It’s time for you to join your ancestors in the realm of the afterlife.

-No! It can’t be true! Please, give me another chance!

          Death stared back at me. He was a slightly tall, thin but strong man in a pinstriped suit. He was Caucasian, and had a British accent. He wore a Rolex watch, and carried a small, portable scythe made of gold. He had a cold, hard look in his eyes. He stared down at me for a while.

-Very well - he sighed-, you can be of value to me. I need a helper, and you have the skillset that’s necessary. You shall do the duties I could not carry out; end with those who still linger in the mortal world.

             If you're interested in reading more, check back on the weekend, and I'll let you readers know where you can find it. If you do read it, I hope you like it, and if you want it in print, check back in a month or two and I'll give you guys the update.