Tuesday, April 2, 2013

If you like this post, check out my new blog: http://appofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Atheist Bloggers Arrested In Bangladesh?!?


     All right. It's the day after April Fools' Day, so that means that this can't be a joke. If you've read me before, you know how I like to get straight to the point. I'm an atheist, and although there's not really an official organization for all atheists, I bet I'm not the only one that feels enraged when hearing that three bloggers in Bangladesh were arrested for defaming Muhammad and Islam. 

I wonder who's that guy that was censured.
      Don't get me wrong, I don't usually rant about religion because there's no point in beating a dead horse. And get this straight. I don't like it. At all. So when I hear about somebody being executed or arrested for being of a different religion, or non-religious at all, I can't help but getting enraged to the point where I almost get ulcers. 
Pictured: Anger
      First of all, a country with laws based on religion is flawed. Yeah, you shouldn't kill without reason, it's in every law system in the world. It's in quite a few religious textbooks (though not all, shamefully), and yet, do countries have that law because of religion? All right, let's say some do, but let's look at why that law would be there. Life has to be respected, and to kill is a crime against humanity. Period. The only context in which it's right to kill a man is if you're about to be killed yourself by that same man. 

Self defense, bitch.
      So, law systems with religion based rules have a flaw, and a deadly one at that. Anybody not in that religion can be considered a heretic and can be hurt or eliminated with even primitive means. Arrested. Stoned. Buried alive. Whipped. There's many methods, and all of them share a common thing, unwarranted violence. Hear me out. 

A wise man said to make as few enemies as possible. This helps a bit.
      Did that Jew you know actually kill a prophet or steal money? No. Don't do anything to him. Did that Christian attack homosexuals in a non-verbal way? No? Don't do anything to him. Did that Muslim blow up a building? No? Don't do anything to him. Did that Scientologist record your conversation? No. Try to reason with him, please, but don't do anything with him. Does that atheist live a life without morality and have no respect for life or virtues? No? Did he talk wrong about your god? Yes? Well, then don't be a person with a weak mind, take it as a test to your faith or something, but don't do anything to him. Every religion contradicts another and nobody can agree on anything so if you kill one heretic you might as well kill them all (Note: I do not condone murder in any way and do not even believe a heretic can exist). 


        So, what am I talking about here? Tolerance? No, that's a nasty word. That's putting up with something. As my history teacher said, why not legitimize? I hold for a fact that those are your beliefs and for such I will not harm you. I hold for a fact that you're in love with those of your same sex, and for such, I will not do you any harm. I hold for a fact that you're not ready to have that baby, and for that I may even hate you or not, but I will not do you any harm. 


 I mean, just look at this. The deputy commisioner of Dhaka police Molla Nazrul Islam said:

"They have hurt religious feelings of the people by writing against different religions and their prophets and founders including the Prophet Mohammed."

        Excuse me, but that is weak. Shamefully weak. That's the mentality of a child running to their mother. "Mommy, mommy, he called me the "S" word!" Stupid? Sissy? What you did is both. If you can't put up with a man questioning your beliefs, then that makes me seriously question your ability to put up with more difficult matters. Unless you're locking them up for protection, please, think about it, let them go. They've done no harm to anybody. So, if anybody that's in charge of something, or at least has some infuence in Bangladesh reads this, come on.  Hear out my cry for their peace and freedom and just try it, try to help those three men.